The omelette recipe is very simple. It is prepared with basic ingredients but is a Spanish dish full of flavor.
Follow the instructions and enjoy an authentic potato omelette or Spanish omelette!
Ingredients (serves 6)
• 1 kg. potato
• 2 onions
• 1 green pepper
• 8 eggs
• olive oil
Preparation of the Spanish omelette
1) Peel the onions and potatoes.
2) Chop the onions into pieces not too small and put them to fry in a pan with plenty of oil.
3) Meanwhile cut the potatoes into cubes, add salt and add them to the pan. Add peppers chopped into cubes and fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned around a bit. Remove from the oil and take the oil out.
4) Prepare two bowls, beat 4 eggs in each. Add half each of the potatoes, onions and peppers.
5) Put a little oil in a pan and pour the mixture. Curdle the egg, first over high heat and then a little softer. Flip the omelette to brown on both sides and serve hot. (Repeat the process to make the second omelette).
In goLOLA courses we will have a Spanish cooking session where you can learn how to prepare potato tortilla with an expert cooker. Come and try!